Thursday, July 9, 2009

Lost by Chris Kreie

Wow! Chris Kreie made me feel like I was really on a camping trip up in Minnesota. This is a powerful story of survival. Eric and Cris are allowed by Eric's dad to take their canoes onto the lake. Little do they know that their trip is going to be long, rough and tough. There are so many obstacles along the way. I don't want to tell what kind of obstacles. That way you will feel the same surprise and shock as I did while reading this Graphic novel. This book is great for summer reading or for anytime. I thought about young people reading it. I feel they would turn the pages faster than I turned the pages. It shows young boys not giving up when all the outdoor elements seem to be against them. I liked the way "Lost" portrayed a strong father figure too. One who is putting love in action. The illustrations are wonderful. Marcus Smith did a great job. The colors are bright making the pictures more exciting. The artist showed extreme expressions on the faces of the characters. Well, I'm going to rest. I've had a real adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment